Denon 2801, RP91, and 6 channel input

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Eagin, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Matthew Eagin

Matthew Eagin Auditioning

Okay, got a question for all you experts out there... I just got my Panasonic RP91 today... I hooked it up to my Denon 2801 using the 6 channel inputs and am really pleased with the sound of the DVD Audio and such... the only thing is, it doesn't seem like the volume control on the 2801 does anything for the level of sound coming in from the DVD player.
    The sound seems to stay about the same from -60 db all the way up to -26 db and after that it does sound like it gets louder, but the problem is that the normal sound level is rather loud to begin with. So, the big question of the day is... is there something that I'm missing completely and am able to control the volume of the input from the 2801 or is there some way to make the RP91 control the volume? Thanks.
    Matthew Eagin

2. Steve T

Steve T Stunt Coordinator

Matthew,
    First of all, welcome to HTF.
    Although I do not have your specific receiver or DVD player, I do have a Panasonic DVD-A7 connected to the 6 channel input of a Denon AVR-1801. I have not noticed any problems with volume control in association with this input, I get a steady increase in volume from -60 to -05 (this is the loudest I would ever go, and I don't do this very often). Do you have this problem with DVD-A playback only, or for CD playback as well? The DVD-A7 only has level control for the Dolby Digital sources, not DVD-A or CD. Maybe the RP91 does, I don't know. If you have not configured any speaker levels they are probably all set to 0db anyway.