What's new

denon 2800mkII (1 Viewer)

steve. m

Auditioning
I am considering picking up A denon 2800mkII from my local Wiz electronics store.They have it new in the box with for $509.Is this a good deal, i have heard mixed things about the 2800.is the MKII model a big improvement?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Steve, I haven't used the '2800 II, but $509 is a good price considering that Crutchfield is selling it for $700. The '2800 II hasn't gotten a lot of talk here, but you might want to do a search anyway. My main beef is that this player does not offer SACD or DVD-Audio playback, and I think a player in its price range should. For $500 or less, you can get the Denon DVD-1600, which offers excellent video quality and DVD-Audio. The '1600 doesn't show the build quality of the '2800 II, however. That is not to say that the '1600 is built poorly. You might want to look at the '1600. It doesn't show the chroma bug.

By the way, is your Wiz store one of the ones that is closing down? If so, then note that you would be able to return the '2800mkII, even if it were defective out of the box.

steve. m

Auditioning
Has anyone seen this player set up? All the retailers i visited didnt have one set up to view its video performance.

Rick Samundsen

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,
It's good to see another Long Islander on this forum.
I saw the 2800II when they were at the Sayville Wiz. Someone
returned one for some reason or another. They started with a total # of 6 units piled high. The day they closed there was 2 units left I believe. A few days earlier I was lucky enough to purchase a denon 1600 new in the box for $314.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks