What's new

Denon 2800MK.II Video Problem (1 Viewer)

Ben:Gb

Auditioning
I've done some looking through the forum and I haven't found any mention of the problem I am having.

Equipment:
Denon DVD-2800MK.II Manufactured May 2002 Purchased November 2002
SONY 60XBR800 Grand Wega
Monster M500 Component Cables

Problem:
On random DVDs in mostly random locations the picture will drop out/ flick out for short periods of time. The picture quality does not degrade, its just an on-off type of event. The drop out is ~0.5 to 1.0 seconds in duration and it might drop out 2-10 times in a spurt. Sometimes you can rewind the DVD and make it do it again in the same spot, sometimes not. There are certain locations in LOTR and Episode II where the drop out has occured on repeat occasions, but I cannot repeat the problem on demand. Problem only occurs in progressive mode (so far). Audio is not affected. It only occurs to signals through component cables, I had 2 TVs hooked up to the DVD player (1 component, 1 composite) and could watch the component drop out while the composite didn't.

Authorized DENON dealer took the unit back for ~1 month and couldn't duplicate the problem. They said DENON had never heard of such a problem. They loaned me a SONY DVD player in the interim, I didn't have any drop out.

Has anyone seen/heard of this type of problem? Any feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks,

-BG

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I believe this unit is well known for the dropouts. Denon as much as admitted the unit had problems when they intro'd the 2900 at CES.

NicholasL

Second Unit
Yes! This has happened to me as well. But I didn't bother having it fixed, I just returned it for a 3800 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks