1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon 2800 vs Sony 700p vs Panasonic 91k vs Marantz

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Yoon Lee, Oct 7, 2001.

1. Yoon Lee

Yoon Lee Stunt Coordinator

Any opinions on which is better or worse in what areas?

2. Chris Ball

Chris Ball Auditioning

I can't speak for the other brands but i recently picked up a Marantz dv-6200 progressive dvd player and i was amazed at the difference when i plugged it in to my Toshiba 42h81. The colours where more accurate and vibrant and the image looked very smooth and much cleaner. I'm by no means a videophile and can only give my very amature opinion but i really do love this player. Along with the video quality the audio quality for music cd's is also amazing.
    Chris

3. James D

James D Second Unit

Chris-how much did the 6200 cost? I really like Marantz products and I'm interested in the 6200, but I have no clue as to the pricing. Thanks.

4. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

I haven't compared, but I have a friend who installs systems and also works with very high quality stuff all the time, he is very high on the panasonic, he is getting one. If I were looking for a new player, thats the one I would get.

5. jason celaya

jason celaya Stunt Coordinator

I have the Panny 91 and I like its picture the best. The Denon and sony have a smoother softer picture w/ the chroma bug. The non anamorphic scaling feature is just awesome as well.
    RodneyH...Mission Viejo is in the house.