Denon 2800 dvd skip fix

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by MichaelMcL, Jan 29, 2004.

1. MichaelMcL

MichaelMcL Auditioning

I recently bought a Denon 2800 dvd player. Every so often
    the audio skips/shuts off for a second. I've heard that
    this was a common problem in the 2800 and the 3800. I
    also heard that there's a firmware cd that fixes the
    problem. Any suggestions on fixing the problem? How do
    I get the firmware cd? The retailer I purchased from can
    no longer help me.
    Michael

2. Ken Smith

Ken Smith Stunt Coordinator

The firmware fix was only for the 3800 & 9000 players. There was never a fix for the 2800. If you recently bought this you should return it asap before the video starts to freeze/skip.

3. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    call denon service 310 974 1010

4. Ken Smith

Ken Smith Stunt Coordinator

Good luck with the phone call. From what others have said you'll be lucky to find any satisfaction.

5. MichaelMcL

MichaelMcL Auditioning

Hi,
    Spoke to Denon people. They'd suggested the optical
    pickup may be the problem. About an $180.00 fix. Not
    sure what to do. No firmware fix available.
    Suggestions???
    Michael

6. Jeremy Porter

Jeremy Porter Auditioning

I had a 2800 for about one year and it was in the shop for about 7 months of that to remedy the skipping problem as well as a few other problems.Two different shops tried to fix it but the problems remained so I was fortunately upgraded to the 2800II. Now My 2800II has been to Denon twice for a total of three months and it has the same skipping problem and more (audio/video out of sync, long layer changes).I think I am going to upgrade to the 2900. Denon has had a lot of problems with all these units, although there are many people with flawless units that work great, so I have not given up hope. good luck with yours.

7. Dennis Palla

Dennis Palla Extra

I have a Denon 3800 currently at Denon, west coast, which has just today shut their doors. I've been told that my player is being sent to their new warranty service, out sourced to a company called Gold Crown in Torrance,CA. I believe. They (Denon) have had the unit since 1-5-04, and Gold Crown is now telling me the part that is needed is on back order since 12-5-03. I have called several times in the last two weeks (I was told six working days to complete the job when I hand delivered the piece to them) and was never satisfied with the response. The pat answer to my inquiries was "it's not ready yet, give it another week". I called the service manager twice with no return call. The same for their shipping agent. Everyone (except one young lady) was acting very put out to check on the status. I called my dealer from whom I purchased the unit and was told by the owner his experience mirrored mine (not encouraging)except that he had been waitings for better than two months on two customer units (very discouraging!). This sucks big time. I would think that a company as large as Denon first off would have the parts available, and secondly would monitor their personal a tad better. I realize that these people are losing their jobs, and their attitude reflected that, but Denon should be concerned with how their public relations reputation is being tarnished. I have a dealer friend who is seriously reconsidering his agreement to sell Denon products because of this information. Sad situation. I hope they're listening. When I purchased this 1200 dollar unit I knew I was getting exceptional performance. I did not expect to experience a problem with a major part(laser)much less being treated rudely. [​IMG]