Denon 28/3805 question: crossover adjustable for each speaker?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Kenneth Harden, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

As in, I would like to be able to set mains kinda low (40, 60 Hz.) and the center/surrounds to 80 Hz. I assume you can do this.

The other question is, when you flip over to 2-channel/pure direct, etc. - will it automatically turn the crossover off? When watching movies, I would desire to have the mains being crossed over at 40, 60 Hz., but when I listen to 2-channel music, things will go to full range (Klipsch F3's, pretty good bass response).

My speakers are on the way and I need a receiver now (my Sony STR-DE675 needs to be retired, might use it as a computer speaker rig [​IMG] )

2. Shiu

Shiu Second Unit

You cannot do it with the 2805, not even the 3805. The XO is for all speakers. You can do it with Sony ES, not sure about the DE's.

3. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

You can do it with HK 635 also, by speaker group anyway, i.e left and right as a pair, center individually, right and left surround as a pair, and back surrounds as a pair.

I think it may also store different crossovers by input or maybe stereo/surround mode. I know it will store different levels by surround mode.

4. Mike Wilk

Mike Wilk Stunt Coordinator

I believe the way to achieve that would be to set the mains to large and the center to small. When the mains are large, then you can set the LFE to LFE + mains and that gives full sprectrum to the mains while allowing the sub to kick in at the appropriate point. I just did this yesterday with my 2805. Previously, I was set at small all the way around.

YMMV

5. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

I believe most any HK can do it. At least down to the 335

6. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

The only things that have triple crossover is HK, Outlaw 950 and that Sony that was mentioned. Even the HK 230 had it when I demoed it. Not sure if the 130 did though.

7. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

Hk refers to it as a quadruple crossover I think. Not sure what that exactly means but it does mean that you can adjust the crossover on many different speakers independently