What's new

Denon 2500 BD Player - Problem with Firmware Update Process (1 Viewer)

David_MSP

Stunt Coordinator
I recently burned the new firmware on a CD-R and when I placed it in the open tray, entered the "9" "8" "7" "6" sequence followed by the "Pop Up Menu/Menu" key, all per the instructions, nothing happens. Please tell me that someone else out there has had this issue.

Incidentally, I'm also not able to go through a similar sequence with pressing number keys to check on the current firmware version. My player has a December 2007 build date and I received the player on January 24 of this year. I suspect the "older" players have some sort of problem getting properly upgraded.

A call to Denon got me nowhere as they did not have it as a reported issue. However, I have read of one other case of someone on the AVS Forum having the same issue but I never was able to find out the solution. Of course Denon recommends I sent the unit back to the factory for the firmware upgrade. I will only do so as a very last resort.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide!

David_MSP

Stunt Coordinator
Thankfully I finally got this to work. The key sequence has to be pressed -very- quickly. Any slight pause between any of the keys causes it to not work.

Users who are viewing this thread