Denon 2200 Progressive problem...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Matt Brighton, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Matt Brighton

Matt Brighton Stunt Coordinator

Hello all, just bought a "new" Denon 2200 player off eBay. It came new in the box and was manufactured in Jan. 2004. Anyway, hooked it up last night and everything's fine but when I hooked up my new receiver and played it things were still fine. A couple hours later everything that was supposed to be blue is now hot pink, although when I switch it to "Interlaced" mode everything appears to be normal.

Any ideas on this and has it happened before? More importantly how do I fix it (I really don't want to go through the hassle of returning it, etc.).

I did search before I posted, and couldn't find anything like this happening before..

2. Matt Brighton

Matt Brighton Stunt Coordinator

Ok, well...I switched the component cables and now it seems to work ok. Could have just been a loose connection?

I'm still curious as to if this has happened to anyone else, though.

3. Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack Second Unit

I've never experienced the problem with my 2200.

4. John S

John S Producer

Color shifts using component cables, almost always come down to either just needing to unplug them and plug them back in or cable replacement. Fairly common with the 3 RCA Coax type connections actually.

5. Thomas Willard

Thomas Willard Stunt Coordinator

I have experienced the same problem with my 2200 and the progressive mode. In my case, the color shifts to a purple greenish hue when in progressive, but back to regular color when I turn off the progressive mode. Turning the player off and then turning back on usually allows the right colors to be displayed once again in progressive mode.

Started doing this when machine was less than a month old (back in June). Still does it every so often. I don't think it has anything to do with the component cables.