What's new

Denon 2200 problem (1 Viewer)

Reid_J

Grip
I bought a refurbished 2200 back in June from eCost, and since then it has been working great. That is, until yesterday. My wife and daughter were watching a movie while I was at work, and about 3/4 of the way through, the movie froze. She couldn't get it out of the freeze (stop, forward chapter, etc) so she turned it off and back on. The 2200 then couldn't seem to grab the disk, it just kept whirring. So they turned it off. When I got home I put in another disk thinking that it may be something wrong with the rental dvd. I put in Master and Commander, was able to select the menu options, forward through scenes, etc. I settled on a scene and watched for about minute or two, and then it froze again. Same thing as before...I could't get it to unfreeze except to turn it off. When I turned it back on, it then said NO PLAY.

Any ideas on what may be happening? It is two weeks out of the 90 day warranty that came with the unit.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Try calling Ecost and see if they will help you out...they just got in some more 2200s.....meanwhile ask them if you can pay a few more bucks and get a 2900 instead. They have those in stock as well @ $550.

It sounds to me like your 2200 is dying on you.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Since it is only 2 weeks out of warranty, I'd call them right away; they may take care of it or swap it out.

Kaj

Stunt Coordinator
I had a similar problem with my first 2200 aswell, it was just a faulty unit, i got a new one and the problems was gone.
See if you can get a swap as the others suggested :)

Cheers
KJ

Reid_J

Grip
Thanks for your comments!

I called eCost, and their warranty is just 14 days, but they gave me a number for the Denon service center (90 day manufacturer warranty). I called them and was told that their only authorized to repair/replace units 5 days past warranty (I am now 13 days past). Ugh. So I was then referred to the Denon parent company, and after a couple of transfers I left a voice mail for a person in customer service. In my message I off-handedly mentioned that I had posted a question about this problem in this forum just in case it would carry any weight that their response would potentially be broadcast to an entire website of enthusiasts. javascript:smilie(';)')

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Good job, Reid..you did the right thing. Good luck and let us know how it goes either way.
I'll offer all the assistance I can for sure.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
Was it an Artisan disc? I had that trouble at first with Resevoir Dogs, but it doesn't happen now.

Reid_J

Grip
The movie was Princess Diaries. I then tried Master and Commander (my own disc). I am going to try a couple more discs today, but I know that M&C should work since I've watched it before.

Reid_J

Grip
Well, I got a hold of someone at Denon, and they are going to honor the warranty even though it's two weeks past. They gave me the number of the repair facility in Carson CA, and I called them yesterday. Got a return auth number, and mailed it out. Should take 5 business days until it is sent back. Thanks to all who responded about this. Definatley a pain, but hopefully I won't have any problems in the future. We'll see...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks