What's new

Denon 2200+Alien DTS (1 Viewer)

Jamie Colquhoun

Auditioning
When watching Alien (directors cut) in dts, the picture keeps freezing. Does anyone els have this problem.
When i play the same disk on my sony dvd there is no problems. Also, the dolby digital track works fine.
Is this a software problem or player problem.

Jim Rakowiecki

Stunt Coordinator
I think I remember reading that Denon is aware of that problem and are offering frimware upgrade to correct it. Check their website.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I noticed it also on Kill Bill DTS, though it does not freeze, it just hiccupped. Pretty sure it was the same thing. I have not gotten the update yet.

Jim-M

Second Unit
The upgrade will fix your Alien DTS problem. When you notify Denon that you want the firmware upgrade they'll send you a CD. The upgrade is super easy to do and takes about a minute. The instructions they sent were very clear and everything went exactly as the instructions said.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I have similar problem with the 2900.Is there an upgrade cd for this model as well? How do I obtain it?
Thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I faxed in the form, got the update via e-mail within hours. Installed the update on Monday, and the bugs seem to be gone. I found it interesting that they actually mentioned specifically the Diana Krall DTS and Alien Quradrillogy DTS issues.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Faxed my request (2900) in early Monday and rec'd the disk via FedEx on Wednesday. Firmware update worked like a charm. I can now hear Diana in DTS! Thanks Denon!

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I had to request a second disc,first didn't initiate the "writing",it just "sat" there. We'll see.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

I requested the files be sent to me via e-mail. If you have a PC with a CD burner, this is the way to go. That sucks that it didn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks