What's new

Denon 2106 vs 1907 (1 Viewer)

eXc

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Gday Guys,

I am looking at a receiver. I was thinking along the lines of the Denon range. With the 07 models coming out this month in Australia, I can get a better deal on the 2106.

I can get a 2106 for about the same price as a 1907. I am unsure which is the better option.

From what I can tell the differences are ;
- inputs/outputs (both suit my needs).
- Power (5W difference...will I really notice that?)
- And the 2106 has a phono input (I doubt I will put a phono onto it....)
- Component Up conversion. The 1907 converts everything up to component. The 2106 only upconverts composite to SVideo (my TV is a 560progressive with component/svideo/composit in) Is it worthwhile haveing this feature?

What are peoples thoughts on which to choose? The only other optin is to save up more and get a 2307 so I can get HDMI...but I don't have a HD tv....so I don't know if it's worth it.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Chris

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
The only real differences between the AVR-1907 and AVR-2106 are an additional 15 watts per channel and a few extra inputs. The new AVR-2307 replaces the AVR-2106, and adds HDMI functionality. The AVR-2106 does in fact convert to component, as does the older AVR-1906.

Personally I would pickup the new AVR-2307, but if you don't plan on going HD in the next two years then the AVR-1907 may suit your needs. :)

eXc

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
So you would not consider the 2106 ? The 2307 is a stretch for the budget, it would mean going without an amp for atleast a few months.

I will not go to HD in the next 2 years unless my TV is stolen (in which case you would assume the receiver would also be taken anyways)

Perhaps the Australian model differs from where you are, but the 2106 here does composite-->s video. But not to component (atleast that is what the brochure says)

This page has the australian specs for the old and new models.

http://www.audioproducts.com.au/APGN...ng.aspx?cat=73

Cheers
Chris

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
According to the spec sheet from Denon http://www.usa.denon.com/AVR2106.pdf

Video Up/Down conversion function:
Composite S-Video, Composite /S-Video-> Component

And yes I would definately consider the AVR-2106, though here in Canada the MSRP is the same as the AVR-2307CI :)

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Do you really want to buy another receiver in 2 years to accomidate HD? Just a thought. I think I would hold out and get the 2307 as alon suggested when you can afford it. Santa is coming in 9 weeks.. maybe he'll allow you to get one.

I'm waiting for santa myself. I'm getting rid of my Denon 4802 and going to the Denon 4806CI myself.

eXc

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Hmmm...well that sux. The Australian version only does composite to s-Video.

We got ripped off!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks