1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon 1920 DVD player region hack?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Eric Fischer, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Eric Fischer

Eric Fischer Auditioning

Hey all - I'm a newbie to this really cool forum. I bought 2 Denon 1920 DVD players (1 for the theater, 1 for my recording studio) and was wondering if anyone knew of an available hack file to open up the regions? I'm in the US so it's a region 1 player and I'd like it to be region free. Thanks! Eric

2. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

No, there's no hack for the US Region 1 1920. Believe me, I looked everywhere. [​IMG] The R2 version, however, is hackable, but won't output NTSC.

3. Shane Harg

Shane Harg Second Unit

I know of a place that sells region-free DVD players and will also do the modification for a fee, though I don't know if they will do it for all players. Their price seemed a little steep to me, as I know of place here in Japan, which would do it for 1/4 of the price on just about any player. If you are interested, email me offline and I will give you the link. I'm not sure if it's against forum rules to refer people to specific companies online. Just covering my @$$.