What's new

Denon 1912 - How do you set this up (1 Viewer)

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
So I have been using my new system for a few days now and I enjoy it but I have just remember this one particular setting. I was able to switch between Bi-Amp, Zone 2 and a few other options. I picked Bi-Amp because the picture on the Menu showed a 5.1 system but as I understand a bi-amp system is when you hook up 2 amps to 1 speaker (if the speaker permits). I haven't done that.... What would be the correct setting in this case, or does it not matter? Ray

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No, do not select bi-amp unless you are really bi-amping. Run Audyssey and it will correctly configure your speakers. You may have to tweak a little, but overall it will do a good job. Check out the guide in my sig for more info. BTW - Even if your speakers allowed it, bi-amping this way is a waste of time.

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
David, you may remember my other Thread about my speakers. I did follow your guide, but the first time I ran Auddyssey, it set my Speakers to Zone 2. The Picture showed a 5.1 System and than 2 more speakers in the back of the "couch" on the screen. Auddyssey doesn't seem to set it to the right thing, but I also don't see ANY option that sounds remotely accurate to me. I will write all options its given me once I get off work. I may call Denon and also ask them. Thanks, Ray

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I bet you have the surround speakers plugged the wrong spot. In a 5.1 setup there is no such thing as 'rear' surrounds. Double check your speaker connections.

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Oh wow. That would be possible but I could have sworn that I read the label and it said "surround Left and Surround Right". If I did plug it in wrongly, was my sound quality compromised due to that? Anxiously waiting to get off work to check it out. Ray

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
OK so I DID have them connected properly. This is what I did. I set my speakers to "Normal" which showed a 7.1 system. Then I went into Speaker Config and turned off Left and RIght Back Surround speakers. I think this is the correct way of doing it. Ray

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Wow, You helped me out so much yet again, can't thank you more. Here is what it says...
ZONE 2 - Use the "Zone 2" setting if you would like to run a 5.1 setup in your Main Zone, but also want to power a pair of Zone 2 speakers, or if you just have a standard 5.1 setup and will not be using those extra two amps. This is the correct setting for a standard 5.1 system even if you don't end up using Zone 2. The five main amps will be used to power the 5.1 setup in your primary setup, and the two SB amps can now be connected with normal speaker wire to a pair of speakers.
So Auddissey DID set it up correctly and I messed it up. It just didn't seem intuitive to me. Thanks so much!!! Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks