What's new

Denon 1910 and 3910 now on their site. (1 Viewer)

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/products.asp?l=1&c=4

At $270 the 1910 seems to be an awesome deal, no DVD-A or SACD but it has a DVI out, selectable back levels and the new Faroudja chip, so as far as image quality goes it should be great, it also has Burr Brown audio DAC’s. I will most likely be picking this player up when I get my Sony KV-30HS420, I did want something that played either DVD-A or SACD but for this price of this unit I don’t think I can do much better, and I can go without SACD, as I would only end up owning a few titles in the format anyway.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Burr Brown are a very respected DAC manufacturer, that's why. Unless you have a Denon receiver, you will have no choice for hires audio.

I just talked to a guy at my local dealer and he said the 3910 should ship in the next two weeks, hit stores in about three. Can't wait.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
But the 1910 doesn't have high res. So no real reason ever to use its DACs.

A local dealer is also checking out deliovery for the 3910 for me too. Said he'll let me know Mon.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So

Uh, redbook CD audio? As long as the DAC in the player is better than the one in the reciever (which is very likely with the Burr Brown), one would want to use the player to do the DA conversion rather tahn the reciever.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit

Doubtfull, as Im sure its BB's entry level DAC.

However, if you have an entry level receiver ...
(provided there is no A-D/D-A conversion in the receiver for BM or room correction).

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Even the cheap BB DACs are pretty decent, but it does depend on what your receiver is as well. I'd wager that if you're buying an entry level player, your receiver generally isn't going to be a flagship, so the DACs will be about the same quality. The 2200 uses an off the shelf BB DAC and, IMO, is not bad at all.

Steven.W.T

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder how the 1910 will compare to the DVB318, hm. And I thought this one would play Divx/DVDA/SACD for some reason. Hm. I was thinking about this one instead of the DVB but now I'll go with the DVB I think, cheaper. I just hope firmware upgrades will fix some problems soon!

Tyson Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
You'd use the DAC's if the DVD player is also the only CD player in your system. Many people use the digital audio connection for DVD, But use the stereo analog outs from their DVD player to the CD in on their receiver for ease of use.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I'm considering ditching my Zenith 318 and changing over to the new Denon 1910 in a few months. The 318's cropping, green push due to 1080i with SD color matrix, etc. I'd really prefer to run 480p out to my X1, rather than using 1080i upconversion.

I will wait and see how the 1910's y/c delay, cropping, etc test out. And I need to be able to return it if it has the same flicker bug with some displays that the 910 had.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I would assume the flicker from the 910 will be non-existent over DVI since that was a product of the D/A conversion.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
I use turn off digital for all music on my 2200. DVD-A, SACD and regular CDs. The player's DACs just sound better to my ears than the digital coax connection I use for movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks