Denon 1804

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Bob_S, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Bob_S

Bob_S Stunt Coordinator

Hey, I was just wondering if this is a good budget unit. I'm going the dealer to check it out and to further audition some speakers today. It will most likely be used in stereo for a while until I can afford full 6.1 but its mostly gonna be used for music in my dorm. Its only like $355 shipped and I can't think of anything else that better. I was gonna do seperates but I woke up late and forogt to bid on the auction for a B&K Pt3. Will this most likely suit my needs?

2. John S

John S Producer

I like that deal... Good power, excellent 6.1 support.

With Denon I usually try to get people to go the 280X series, becasue they beef up the power supply some.

But pound for pound, I think that is an excellent price on a high quality 6.1 AVR.

3. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I suggest you look at this page, althought they are refurbs you can get a 2803 for $459

If I wasn't looking at projecyors in the next month, I'd be all over this.

Well Being Canadian that thing about not having ANY warranty in Canada bothers me.

Brent

4. Ray_C

Ray_C Stunt Coordinator

Refurbs are usually a great deal, but try to make sure that it's from an authorized dealer. The refurbs still come with a manufacturer warranty. My AVR 1802 served me well for three years without skippin a beat, and I'm now getting a 2803. The Denon's have excellent power, smooth and accurate sound, great processing, and a plethora of features that really do work well. For just 2-channel music, there might be better choices (like trhe Harman Kardon's, which sound a bit warmer and punchier in the midrange), but the Denon's also do this job well, and provide an outstanding all-around package when compared to other receivers in their price range. When you read around and look at a bunch f reviews, Denon is usually right up there at the top of the list. 80 Denon watts x 6 for around $355 like new......is a great deal.