What's new

Denon 1804 set up? (1 Viewer)

SteveSott

Grip
I recently posted a thread about upgrading from my Sony 900 and decided because of my budget to buy the Denon 1804 ($319). After a lot of reseach (15 hours of reading reviews and comparisions at 20 web sites) I have decided to buy a set of Fluance SV-10 with (3) AV-BP2 Bipolar surrounds the AV SC center and the DB-150 150 watt sub (total price in not confirmed, I won an auction for the towers but didn't meet the reserve price, I emailed the sellers that I wanted to buy the system above but didn't want to pay retail ($730 wo/shipping, shipping runs about $95 to San Diego)I'm waiting probably until Monday the 5th to here from them on the final price. I bought 150 ft. of 12 ga. contractor speaker wire and a dozen pair of banana clips (2.75 ea. pair). I also bought a home theater set up DVD that has sound and video tests and calibrations.

I have a Sony 36" wega with multiple in's and outs and receives component video.
I have a Sony DVP ns725p DVD player and a Sony SLV N81 VCR.

I have ordered the new system on-line but with the holidays I haven't received any comformations of delivery. I figure it will be in the next week to 10 days.

I have studied the back layout of the receiver and read some reviews of the 1804 being hard to set up. So my first question is how to plug in the various components to the back of the amplifier?
I plan on 60/40 music/movies.
My room is 20 ft wide but only 14 to a wall in the middle of the room where the equipment is located.

I would like all components; TV, VCR, and DVD to play through the speaker system. I would like to Bi-Wire the front speakers or should I just assign then as large and dedicate the sub for the lows?

Thanks in advance for you comments.
ST

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
The manual that came with your 1804 should explain how to hook up the components to the reciever. You can run your antenna/cable/satellite, VCR, & DVD to the reciever and let it do the video switching and hear everything thru your speakers. All receivers have a set up menu/procedure. Don't worry, it's not that hard. Follow the manual and the on screen menu.

I would suggest getting some blank adhesive backed address labels and label EVERY wire and cable as you plug it in to your various components. For example - 'VCR audio out' on the cable coming from your VCR and 'VCR audio in' where you connect it to the 1804. This will help you keep things straight as to what cable is for what.

Mark Courier

Auditioning
If you don't mind me asking, I am also interested in the Denon 1804, where did you find that receiver for $319.

Thanks,
Mark Courier

Mark Courier

Auditioning
$350 is a very good price on this receiver. When I look on the web site for 6ave it shows $499. How is everybody getting these good prices?

Thanks,
Mark Courier

SteveSott

Grip
Mark, I searched google for "denon 1804" and got 30 sites with reviews, sales and price comparisions. The Yahoo search showed 20 or so places to but the unit ranging from 499 to 319. TVBUYS.TV is wher I found the 319 price. They got me for $50 s/h but no sales tax.
Thanks again for the suggestions. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the coming week.
Steve

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

I'm sure "authorized" companies would get a lot of steam from manufacturers if they were to put their actual selling price on their Web store. Keeping it listed at $499 - even though they sell it for less, keeps companies like Denon off their backs.

JeffPhill

Agent
Mark, I too received the 1804 from 6ave for $350 shipped a few weeks ago. If you ordered the 1803, you get the 1804 at the same price. I'm guessing the deal is still going. I did notice that the 1803 price has gone up slightly since then. You should call them directly and ask for the deal. They are also an authorized denon dealer, check denon's website for a list of others. Hope this helps.

Mark Courier

Auditioning
Jeff,

Thanks for the info , I will call 6ave today to see if they still have that deal going.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks