What's new

Denon 1803,whats the real output??? (1 Viewer)

stan mucha

Stunt Coordinator
I seen the comparison chart with the output of receivers.it doesnt have the new denon 1803.does any one know the true power specs??

stan

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
True power with all channels driven? Probably 55 - 60 watts. What size of listening area will you be using?

I've used the Denon AVR-883 (1803 equivalent) in a 15' x 21' x 8' listening area and the power was more than adequate with 5 speakers @ 91 dB efficiency and a 15", 200 watt subwoofer.

stan mucha

Stunt Coordinator
I love the amp,but it does seem under powered to me.My old yamaha 10year old prologic,rated at the same power sounded more powerful.I do have some cheap bookshelf speakers hooked up to it with 22guage wire.Im waiting for my energy c9 to arrive.im thinking of returning it and buying the 3803.i want to use six channels,not seven.whats your guys opinions?

stan

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
I'm running a 6 channel JBL-N setup with my 1803. I've been plenty satisfied with its performance thus far. This is a bedroom system, so I'm delaing with about 1000ft^3, but I've been able to reach reference level and above with little audible distortion. The amp section provides very adequate power for rooms of this size and, I'm sure, somewhat larger ones as well.

As for 6 vs 7 channels. I am able to take advantage of the EX/ES material and it is surely and improvement over 5.1. Overall, if I had a bigger room I would go with 7.1 to even out the sound field, but with space and budget restrictions the 6.1 setup is definitely worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks