What's new

Denon 1803 vs H/K 320 (1 Viewer)

RyanW

Grip
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone had any opinions on which would be better the Denon 1803 at 499 or the H/K 320-Z (Refurb) at 398? I know you need an external amp for the 320 to go to 7.1, but I was planning on sticking with 5.1 for the forseable future. Is the 1803 worth the extra $$?

Thanks in advance.
Ryan

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
How long is the warranty on the H/K refurb? You can find the Denon AVR-883 (same as AVR-1803) for about $338 - delivered. The company, NXGen claims the warranty of 1-year is honored by Denon. If you need a 2nd zone, then the Denon is the way to go. However, if you're looking to connect an external amp, the Denon won't work for you.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i'd go with the H/K, if for no other reason, because it has pre-outs. when you start looking to move towards separates down the line, you'll thank yourself for not having to buy a new processor to add external amplification. and, with the H/K, you get logic7 and Ez-set calibration. it's a no-brainer for me...

besides, i think H/K's latest receivers are absolute works of art.

Cooper_B

Agent
Doesn't the 320 have a problem with LFE level on DTS soundtracks? Off by 10dB I think.

And does anyone know if the LFE bug was fixed in the latest models?

thanks,
Cooper

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks