What's new

Denon 1803 Specs (1 Viewer)

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
The specs are up here:
http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/avr1803.pdf
Depending on price, I see either this or the Onkyo 600 in my HT very, very soon!
I note that while it has the DD-EX icon on the top right of the receiver, no mention is made of this feature in the body of the brochure, and the only one showing in the row of icons just below the unit, is the DD one. I wonder; does it actually do DD-EX?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks for the link Peter. I too am highly interested in this receiver. The DD logo on the receiver looks like the DPL2 logo. Are you sure it is the DD-EX? My only problem with this receiver so fat is the remote. O'well for this price point I suppose you can't have everything.

Chris S.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Chris; if you zoom in on the logo at the top right by the volume control, it will show the DD-EX insignia. If you compare that to the first logo in the row just below the picture of the unit, it only refers to DD, and DPL 2. I can't see any other references to the DD-EX feature anywhere. It seems to me they would highlight that in the write-up, so I'm not sure about whether the 1803 actually has DD-EX or not. I know I can't have everything, but with similarly positioned units like the Onkyo 600, which has DD-EX (as well as the Pioneer VSX811, I am wanting to know this one detail. I have the 1601 right now and really like it, so my first choice for upgrade will be the 1803, if it has the DD-EX.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks