Denon 1803 Problem W/Optic Connection

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by NeilKn, Jul 31, 2006.

1. NeilKn

NeilKn Extra

I have been enjoying our Denon 1803 for a few years now. This past week, my wife pushed some buttons, not sure which, nor if that is what resulted in this happening or if it was just coincidence. With the Optic 1 input set to DVD in the Setup screens, and a working until now optic cable plugged in to the Optic 1 on the Denon going to a Toshiba DVD player, the Denon now gives no sound. Also, when you select DVD as the input, the Denon indicates an Analog signal instead of the Digital as it has been in the past. If you choose CD though, which is set to Coax, you get the sound from the DVD and a Digital signal indicated. Setting the Coax input to the DVD player produces sound from the DVD player and a Digital signal indicated when you select DVD. However, it does not seem to be the same full sound as before. Any suggestions? Could the optical cable have failed? Might the Denon 1803 have failed? Is there a setting that we are overlooking that my wife may have inadvertently changed? I can find nothing in the instruction book about setting the Optic 1 to actually be the Optic 1 input, or to change Optic 1 to coax. Is it time for the repair shop?

2. NeilKn

NeilKn Extra

Problem resolved

User error, or spousal error to be more correct.