What's new

Denon 1803 & new products in general (1 Viewer)

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
Also note that indeed, of late, the Denons have had "bugs" in their earlier releases of some models.
Some have speculated that this may be due to the upheaval within the company of late and their desire to turn units to score points with a potential buyer for the newly reborn- merged-amalgamated-conglomeration of them and Marantz (they are now owned buy a holding company with interests other than continuing to operate an audio company)

Radim

Grip
What have the bugs been? I wouldn't expect any in a model that's basically a tweaked version of the 2802 but I'd still be interested in hearing what problems are possible.

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
In some of their rcvrs there have been DSP anomalies that slowly become apparent and worsen...rear speaker hiss, center channel muffles, won't always recognize DD/DTS...
KEEP IN MIND THESE OBSERVATIONS ARE ANECDOTAL...ymmv

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Radim,

I thought the 2802 was selling for $500 at 6th Ave. And the MSRP of the 1803 is $499, so at a place like Crtuchfield and the like, I'm thinking that they should be selling for the same price point.

Aaron

Radim

Grip
Is there any rule of thumb for wattage? I just bought the JBL NSP-1 set for my 13' by 15' room. Will 1803's 80W per channel drive these speakers loud and clear with still enough power reserve left?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks