What's new

Denon 1803 Composite to S-Video Up-Convert? (1 Viewer)

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Does the Denon 1803 convert composite video signals up to s-video? Also, does it convert composite and s-video up to component video? The reason i'm asking is because if possible, i would like to run all of my sources (DVD-component, PS2-component, DTV-s-video, VCR-composite, other game systems-s-video or composite through the inputs on the front) into the receiver and have one (or two) cables running from the receiver to the TV so i would never have to change channels on the TV.

Thanks

James Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I tried that and I couldnt get a picture. If you run a combination of S-Video and Composite, youll also need to run both types to your TV.

I have the 1802 and from what I've gathered, the receiver doesnt have the capability of doing that.

Hope this helps

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the response. I was pretty sure that's what i would find out. I know that some Onkyo receivers convert up from composite to svideo, but i've never seen a receiver that converted up to component. Oh well, i guess you can't have it all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks