Denon 1803 calibration help...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Reckelhoff, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Kevin Reckelhoff

Kevin Reckelhoff Stunt Coordinator

Probably a stupid question, but can someone tell me how to set the individual speaker levels through the 1803 while playing a dvd source? I can set them using the receiver test tones, but I can't figure out how to do it while playing a calibration disc.

It's easy on my 3803, but the 1803 doesn't appear as obvious to me. A pointer to the appropriate pages in the manual would be great if it's in there somewhere.

thanks!
    kevin

2. Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock Second Unit

When dvd is playing, hit the "ch select enter" button towards the bottom of the remote. This will let you adjust the indivdual speakers via the up and down arrows surrounding the "ch select enter" button.

3. Jeff Braddock

after I posted I reailzed that what I just told you only keeps the settings for that one dvd (as best as I can figure). I do think that while the dvd is playing and you hit system setup you can adjust the settings.

4. Kevin Reckelhoff

Kevin Reckelhoff Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Jeff--I tried the ch select/enter and it seems to retain the settings after switching inputs. I knew there was a simple answer out there[​IMG]

5. Jeff Braddock

glad it worked. I haven't calibrated yet b/c I don't have an spl meter. maybe santa will drop one in my stocking...nah, I haven't been that good [​IMG]