Denon 1803 and SA3100HD audio problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim_B, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Tim_B

Tim_B Agent

Sorry for the cross post, but I am desparate. Ok, I spent all last night hooking up my new Denon 1803 and my Ascend Speakers (I hate running wire!). Anyway, I have a SA3100HD box with a digital coax audio out. I ran this audio out to the digital coax audio in on the back of the 1803. I switched the TV/DBS input on the Denon 1803 to receive the digital coax in. However, I have no sound!

The DVD is running perfectly through the speakers, so I know the Denon 1803 works. Is there something in the service menu of the 3100 that needs to be switched for it to broadcast through the digital coax. One the settings menu for the Cox Digital Cable I have the "Dolby Digtial" box checked. Could it be a problem with the box? Please help. thx.

2. Kenshin

Kenshin Auditioning

Hi Tim_B, I'm not sure if this will work..Try pressing the "setup" button on the remote control and goto the "coax" option, then change the coaxial input from DVD to TV.

Good Luck
    TC

3. Tim_B

Tim_B Agent

Yeah, I did that. No luck.

4. Brandon_H

Brandon_H Stunt Coordinator

Try your premium channels or your digital-cable channels. I have the same box, and only the "digital-cable" lineup (channel numbers above 100) get a bitstream audio signal. My locals and the standard cable lineup use only an analog audio signal.

It sucks, because I have to keep a coax hookup for HBO Hi-Def in 5.1 AND use an analog audio hookup for my locals.

Your cable company may not provide a bitstream audio signal for any channels. You'll probably just have to experiment and see.

Hope this helps.