What's new

Denon 1803, 2802, 2803 ?? and several questions (1 Viewer)

Dan-HH

Auditioning
Hello,

I've been searching/reading and reviewing several posts but wanted some specific advice on upgrading my reciever.

Speakers: I have Polk RTi70s with a CS400 center and infinity quadrapoles in the ceiling. The room is large 18x25+ with an open side to the kitchen area. 9.5' ceiling.

I started off looking at the 1803, and then read about the 2802 and then the 2803. I'm leaning towards the 2802.

Two specific questions. I read or heard some rcvrs have Video up conversion. Can someone explain this, and do any of these have it.

The other is compatibility with an old Bang and Olufsun turntable, and what options the reciever for working with this. Will a rcvr convert the phono to digital?

Any other general comments would also be helpful.

Finally, if any can refer a reputable/discount etailer...

tnx,

- Dan

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
The Denon 3803 has the upconversion. It will not imporve the quality, but it is convinent to hook up everything to the receiver and only a component wire to the TV.

All the Denons have a phono input that will work with your turn table.

Dan-HH

Auditioning
Thanks.

I've decided on the 2802. its about $65 more than the 1803 and a couple hundred less than the 2803 and honestly they all have more than I need :)

Cheers,

- Dan

Dan_Fitz

Grip
I had the denon 2802 for a few weeks with a set of Fluance Av-htb speakers. It sounded real nice to me. I loved the prologic II. The only thing that I didnt like was the remote I found it kind of akward, but you may not mind it or even use it who knows. Its very simple to set up with its OSD I am sure you will have a blast;)

Dan-HH

Auditioning
I took the remote for a spin today. Lots of buttons...

the OSD was a one reason I went for this over the 1803.

I don't see alot of messing with it after I get it setup. Who knows... anyway, I expect one of my universal remotes to run the basics like On/Off Volume up/down and audio source changes.

thanks,

- Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks