Denon 1802/1803, should I have waited?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Russ Dunn, Aug 9, 2002.

  1. Russ Dunn

    Russ Dunn Extra

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2002
    Messages:
    15
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I just got the Denon 1802 last week and like it very much. I knew the 1803 would be coming out, but was told October. I hear now it will be in a few weeks. If the prices will be the same... Do you think their is going to be such a difference that I should take mine back and wait? Or just be happy? I picked it up for $380
    I also don't plan on 6.1

    Thank You
     
  2. Albert_L

    Albert_L Agent

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2002
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    The 1803 has specs similar to the 2802. I was at goodguys yesterday and the guy checked his system telling me that they are scheduled to be in on 9/11 and to preorder. But I called crutchfield and they dont have it in their system yet. I was told that it should be soon. I spoke with a rep from Denon 2 or 3 weeks ago and he said expect them by October, now it looks a little earlier.

    The MSRP $500. I would expect it to be online for about $400 shipped. The 1802 should drop a little more but I wouldnt think that the 1803 would be at the $350 price range + shipping (6th ave) for at least another few months.
     

Share This Page