What's new

Denon 1713 vs. Yamaha RX-V475 (1 Viewer)

tuffluck

Auditioning
Real Name
Evan
Hoping you guys could help me out. I ordered a Denon 1713 and am having pink screen handshake issues. I've exhausted all of the suggestions for fixing this, but nothing yet has worked. Crutchfield is offering to replace it, but since the 1713 is discontinued, they can only offer me the more expensive new counterpart X1000. I don't really want to pay more for really an exact same unit, so I told them to send me the similar priced V475. Well now I'm having some doubts. Audyssey MultiEQ XT is supposed to be awesome compared to YPAO, and that's really my only drawback. What do you guys think when comparing the two? Thanks.

tuffluck

Auditioning
Real Name
Evan
My speakers are not the same size. So when you say one is superior, I assume you mean Audyssey wins? FWIW I have the Pioneer Andrew Jones latest 5.0 line paired with a Klipsch 12RW D.

mychaelp

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
I found this guide not long ago and it has the V475 among others with lots of info. It sucks they don't make them as well as they used to. My uncle has a receiver from the 70's that's still running, yet mine seem to die off after 7 years. The last only made it 5 years. Wondering if heat is an issue and see that they sell these little fans you can put on top of your receiver to "suck " the heat out. Anyone try them?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
mychaelp said:
I found this guide Wondering if heat is an issue and see that they sell these little fans you can put on top of your receiver to "suck " the heat out. Anyone try them?
Yep, there are 5-10 threads a month on "how do I keep my stuff cool?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks