What's new

DENON 1603 or YAMAHA rxv800 ? (1 Viewer)

Leon_R

Auditioning
just wondering which is a better buy?
denon is for 300 dollars and the yamaha for 400 DOLLARS
denon has 8o watts per ch. and yamaha 100
any advice? suggestions?

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I own the the Yamaha HTR-5280, it's the exact same as the RX-V800. I'll be honest, I'm quite dissapointed with the performance of it's amplifier's. I bought it because I was thoroughly impressed with the way my RX-V995 pushed my Klipsch. It's a lot brighter and it doesn't have the same dynamic capabilities. Music performance was also a big step down from the 995. I only use it as a pre/pro now so it's amps aren't a big deal to me right now. I also don't really like the lower end Denon's as well but I would choose it over the Yamaha. If it were my money, it would probably go here:
http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_br...REC&market=HOM
Frank

Steve Adams

Second Unit
i would seriously shop around, I, personally don't like H/K. they sound fantastic, but the reliability issues are what keeps me away, have a look at the new pioneer, onkyo, kenwood, and marantz X300 series, all sound great, and have good power too. the yammie's imo are sweet as well.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
I think the Denon is an outstanding little unit, performing well beyond it's price range.

Leon_R

Auditioning
well, I dont really know if those 20 watts of difference are so important. Im planning on matching the reciever to energy take 5.2 award winning speakers

Also I guess I have to stick to "lower end " denon cause my budget is limited and chose denon and yamaha over the rest (kenwood, sony ,jvc) in advice of people telling me its the best "bang for your buck"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks