What's new

Denon 1601 Help!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jodie

Auditioning
I have just added surround speakers and wanted to calibrate my system. The problem is I don't have the original remote for the receiver. Is there a way to access the test tones from the main unit? I tried to program the test tone button onto my RS 1994 remote using the device code but it wouldn't work. Any suggestions?

Jon_R

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Denon 681, functionally the same as the 1601. I don't think my 15-1994 can do that function either.
Hmm.. my advice is either to buy a good calibration disc, since test tones are only so-so and don't help the video any or perhaps your local dealer will let you borrow an old remote for a day.
Denon has been using the same ugly remotes for quite some time. As you know, low end Denon remotes are awful. You made a good choice with the 15-1994.
Good luck,
Jon

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
You can always check eBay for a remote. I bought a replacement for my Denon 4800's remote on there and saw many other remotes there.
Or you could call Denon and order a replacement, but that will cost you around $90 or so for that remote.
Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks