Denon 1601 Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jodie, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Jodie

Jodie Auditioning

I have just added surround speakers and wanted to calibrate my system. The problem is I don't have the original remote for the receiver. Is there a way to access the test tones from the main unit? I tried to program the test tone button onto my RS 1994 remote using the device code but it wouldn't work. Any suggestions?

2. Jon_R

Jon_R Stunt Coordinator

I have the Denon 681, functionally the same as the 1601. I don't think my 15-1994 can do that function either.
    Hmm.. my advice is either to buy a good calibration disc, since test tones are only so-so and don't help the video any or perhaps your local dealer will let you borrow an old remote for a day.
    Denon has been using the same ugly remotes for quite some time. As you know, low end Denon remotes are awful. You made a good choice with the 15-1994.
    Good luck,
    Jon

3. Myram

Myram Second Unit

You can always check eBay for a remote. I bought a replacement for my Denon 4800's remote on there and saw many other remotes there.
    Or you could call Denon and order a replacement, but that will cost you around $90 or so for that remote.
    Good Luck