1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon 1601 enough power for JBL nsp1?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jodie, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Jodie

Jodie Auditioning

Finally purchased a receiver and am currently using a pair of 15 year old Infinity book shelve speakers I had in college. Will the Denon 1601 provide enough power to adequately run the the JBL nsp1 set? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Steve T

Steve T Stunt Coordinator

My first AVR was the 1601, and it had plenty of power to fill a 16' x 20' room with great sound. It even sounded good with music. My speakers have a sensitivity of 90db though, and the JBLs you speak of are 86db (for the satellites). This shouldn't be an issue, especially since you will probably be running the JBLs as small. Do you have a subwoofer, or will you be adding one soon? This would help to take some of the load off the 1601.

3. Rommel_L

Rommel_L Second Unit

In not so many words, yes.
    Enjoy...
    -RL-

4. Jodie

Jodie Auditioning

I will eventually get a sub, but for the next few months it will just be the speakers. Would I be better off going with a more efficient speaker light the Home Theater Direct level II or III's?

5. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

I'm running the JBL NSP1 set with the Onkyo 595 and without a sub and I think it sounds fine in my bedroom. Like you I'll eventually get a sub in a few months but I can definately live without a sub at the moment -- besides it'll give me a reason to go through every DVD I own on a weekend a few months from now! [​IMG] I'm hardly an audiophile so take my advice with a grain of salt.