What's new

Denon 1600 vs Panasonic RP-91? (1 Viewer)

David Barteaux

Stunt Coordinator
Which player will give better video and audio performance when watching regular DVD movies? Don't care about non-anamorphic scaling of the RP-91.

Thanks

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
After having both the RP91 and the Denon 1600, IMO the Denon puts out the better picture on my Panasonic 16:9. I have read that the 1600 has the superior MPEG decoder of the rp91 and the better de-interlacing chip of the rp62/82. My Yamaha DVD c920 also uses the same MPEG decoder/de-interlacing chip and is a 5 disc changer with DVD-Audio and my desire for a changer is the reason i kept the Yamaha. Picture quality was exactly the same between the Yamaha and the Denon(it should be noted that both are made by Panasonic). The 1600 and 920 both use Burr Brown dacs also and are great cd players. The Denon also offers rudimentary bass mgmnt. for DVD-Audio(100hz x-over). I would choose the 1600 over the RP91. That's just my opinion. Best of luck with your decision.

Dalton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks