What's new

Denon 1600 DVD/ AVR 1803--NO DTS OUT (1 Viewer)

Rod D

Grip
I can't seem to get my DVD/Receiver to give me DTS sound out, everything is DOLBY PROLOGIC II. I have the receiver set-up as a 6.1 system. DVD is connected optical digital audio cable. DVD player is set as PCM Down conversion as NO, DOLBY DIGITAL as Bitstream, DTS DIGITAL as Bitstream. Player set to Progressive scan. Receiver input as DVD optical. Any ideas?
Thanks

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Rod,
Do you also have analog left and right connections between the player and receiver? If so, have you turned Digital Audio Output "on" in the audio setup menu on the player?

Does the receiver display Pro Logic II when fed DD 5.1 as well as DTS? If so, and you have analog as well as digital connections and the digital out from the player is off, you'll only get DPL-II.

If it's only lacking DTS, and DD 5.1 is ok, be aware that all dvds with a DTS track default to DD, either 2.0 surround or DD 5.1 if such a track exists on the disc. If you don't go into the disc setup menu and select the DTS track, and it only has DD 2.0 rather than DD 5.1 as the default track your receiver would display Pro Logic II.

My player is a Panny CP-72, but it's my understanding that in some respects the Denon is the same, maybe this is one of them.

I have Digital Audio Output ON, PCM Downconversion NO, Dolby Digital Bitstream, and DTS Digital Surround Bitstream on my player and all works well.

Alternatively there may be some setting on the receiver that's not right, maybe drag out the manual and recheck everything on that end.

Hope this helps.

Rod D

Grip
Steve,
I just have the player hooked up with optical out, no other analog audio. I have the optical output on. I checked all my input/device settings yesterday and pretty much decided that the DVD disk was the problem. I was trying to play the bonus track of "The Eagles, Hell Freezes Over Tour". I do get Dolby Digital out, I am running a 6.1 system so it comes up as DD 6.1 Neo Cinema.

Thanks for the help, this HT stuff can get pretty frustrating sometimes, It's nice to get a second opinion and help.

Rod

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
On the title you mention, you have to select the DTS track when you first start the disc. If you don't, it will default to the PCM stereo track. There is no Dolby Digital track on this title.

The bonus track at the end will only play in DTS, so if you've selected the PCM track, the last song will not play.

Hope this helps!

JimmyK

PS- The DTS soundtrack sounds great on that title!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks