denon 1600 denon 3803 quick question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by tom heinisch, Dec 27, 2002.

1. tom heinisch

tom heinisch Auditioning

During the set up in the set up mode of the dvd player I apply muti channel for the speakers.When I apply test sound from the speakers, the left surround comes on when the left front comes on and the right surround comes on when the right main, front comes on. I know the sub does not come on during the test mode but the center does not come on also. what am I doing wrong?I set up the reciever with no problem. thanks for your help. I would like to note that when I play a dvd audio, or a movie, sound comes from all speakers. Correct me If im wrong, the sound should come from each independent speaker, as it was, with the set up from the reciever? Thanks again

2. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

How are you connecting the DVD player to the Receiver? If you are using 6 audio interconnects then maybe you plugged them into the wrong spots. If you are using a Optical Cable, I would say take the DVD player back to the store, it sounds like a manufacturer's defect.