Denon 1506?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by PeterK, Jan 23, 2006.

1. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

Hey, I can get a 1506 for 344 CND. Brand new, from the store, authorized dealer and all that jazz.
    Would I notice a big improvement over my current, sony DE-597 ?
    The denon states 75 wpc while my sony is 100. But i know these numbers don't really mean much... is it safe to say that the denon's power will shit kick my sony's.

So, to wrap up, is this a good deal? for a good/better than my sony receiver?

2. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

anyone got anything to say?

3. Mike_J_D

Mike_J_D Stunt Coordinator

It's all a matter of what you think. Does the Denon sound better to you? Also, will the dealer allow you to bring it back if you don't like the way it sounds once you get it home? My guess is that the Denon will outperform your Sony. Denon, IMHO, makes better reveivers then Sony. I've never liked any of the Sonys I've listened to, but thats just me. So, I say give it a shot, take her home and fire her up. Hopefully you will agree with me.

4. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

hmm, i called them and they weren't too keen on me bringing it back without a good reason. I'm gonna check it out at another place tonight. I'll see if I like their return policy better.

5. AlanChau

AlanChau Auditioning

i bought my denon 1706 yesterday, it dound good, but I need to learn how to use it first to get a perfect sound