Denon 1082, Please help !!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by BrentB, May 18, 2003.

1. BrentB

BrentB Extra

I recently purchased a Denon 1082 and ran through the on screen set-up. However, regardless of what I try, I can't get 'DTS' to work, even when I know it's a show broadcast in 'DTS'.
    I have my cable box's digital coax out hooked into the rcvrs. coax input.Also from DVD's.
    Whatever's broadcast in DTS, with the DTS logo at the end, doesn't produce on my rcvr.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I'm ready to take the thing back as I've tried everything, following every instruction in the manual but can't get it to recognize DTS material and play it.

I'd really like to get this thing to work properly as it saeems like a good product, but if I can't get it to work properly..........

Any help,suggestions, directions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

There are no broadcasts made in DTS at this time. The only DTS programming sources you can get are from discs. IOW, you'll need a DVD player (or a CD player for DTS CDs only.) Broadcasts over satellite or digital cable are either PCM or Dolby Digital.

The DTS logo you see in broadcast movie credits are for versions that ran in theaters when the movie was first released.

As for DTS DVDs, you must have the Denon digital input set to auto (a one time thing), DTS turned on inside the player (via the player's setup menu, a one time thing) and finally, choose the DTS soundtrack on the disc's menu itself (this must be done every time.) BTW, some movies have the DTS logo in the ending credits but aren't DTS on the DVD. If so, all you will have is Dolby Digital.

3. BrentB

BrentB Extra

how about the 'NEO 6' set-up. I can use the on-screen menu to set it to either Neo-6 or to 'Prologic-II'.I'm not able to set it up so that both are available.It's either one or the other.

What am I doing wrong??

Any help would be appreciated

4. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Brent: I haven't ran my 3802 for a while but as I remember it, you must go thru the on-screen parameter setup and toggle over to the DTS:NEO modes. I don't recall a way to go directly from the remote. (This was "fixed" in the 3803. It can toggle between all 4 of the DPL II and DTS:NEO modes from the remote.)