What's new

Scott Hart

HTF News Editor
Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Scott Hart
Scott Hart

Denon’s New S-Series Receivers Deliver High Performance, High Value and Exceptional Sound

denon.png

Mahwah, NJ (March 14, 2017) – Denon®, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-quality home entertainment products, announces three new Network AV Receivers in the S-Series AV receiver line. The AVR-S530BT, AVR-S730H and AVR-S930H are built upon the outstanding success of Denon’s S-Series AV receiver models introduced over the last few years, and will replace the AVR-S510BT, AVR-S720W and AVR-S920W. All three deliver high performance and high value to the home theater sound experience, each is expected to be available in April 2017.

Denon AVR-S530BT ($279)
The AVR-S530BT 5.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Bluetooth®
Representing the perfect combination of high performance and high value, the Denon AVR-S530BT delivers superb sonic fidelity along with a host of advanced features including full 4K compatibility, HDR (High Dynamic Range), and ARC (Audio Return Channel) for the complete home theater experience. With built-in Bluetooth, it receives users favorite music wirelessly from any compatible device. The dedicated Denon 500 Series Bluetooth remote app offers unique control options from a smartphone.

Featuring high current discrete power output devices on all channels, the AVR-S530BT delivers high power, rated at a maximum of 140 watts per channel. There's also an Auto Eco mode that adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level. In terms of compatibility with the widest range of loudspeakers, it’s equipped with low impedance drive capability that provides operational stability with 6 ohm speakers.

Featuring 5 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, the AVR-S530BT's video section features all users need for the full home theater experience: Full 4K Ultra HD, HDCP 2.2, HDR (High Dymanic Range), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, as well as 21:9 and 3D video pass-through. It also features a convenient USB port on the front panel, compatible with portable USB devices. It can play back a wide range of audio file types including MP3, WMA, FLAC and MPEG-4/AAC tracks.

And Denon's HEOS wireless music streaming system delivers the ultimate in sound quality, ease-of-use and system flexibility because it’s compatible with the HEOS® Link for easy remote control via the HEOS app.

Lastly, the exclusive Denon Setup Assistant quickly and easily guides users through the setup process, which includes automated speaker configuration and optimization using the supplied measuring microphone.

Denon AVR-S730H ($479)
The AVR-S730H 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD Network AV Receiver with HEOS
The AVR-S730H represents the most affordable seven channel 3D Audio AV Receiver with renowned original Denon sound. With HEOS wireless technology built-in, users can stream and control all local or online music effortlessly from anywhere in the home with the HEOS App. Create a stunning home theater experience with the built-in Dolby Atmos and DTS:X 3D surround sound decoders, and all the latest video technologies including Dolby Vision, HDR (High Dynamic Range) and HDCP 2.2, simply puts this model at the forefront of future-proofness.

Featuring high current discrete power output devices on all channels, the AVR-S730H delivers high power, rated at a maximum of 165 watts per channel. For compatibility, the AVR-S730H is equipped with low impedance drive capability that provides operational stability with 4 ohm speakers. It also features 6 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, the AVR-S730H incorporates an advanced video section that features everything needed for the ultimate home theater experience: Full 4K Ultra HD, HDCP 2.2, HDR (High Dymanic Range), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling. It is even ready for Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma; via future firmware update). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and color.

The built-in HEOS technology enables the AVR-S730H to become part of the HEOS wireless multi-room system, allowing users to enjoy their favorite music anywhere – and everywhere – around the home. Enjoy music from Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn Internet radio, Amazon Prime Music, iHeart Radio, Sirius XM, Sound Cloud, Tidal, Rhapsody or Deezer (*), or use the HEOS app to stream tunes or whole albums from a phone, USB stick, or computers and NAS drives on a home network.

Dolby Atmos lets users enjoy the latest Hollywood blockbuster soundtracks in incredibly immersive surround sound. With Dolby Atmos, listeners experience the same revolutionary 3D surround sound found in premium movie theaters with the ability to create an overhead surround sound feel that dramatically expands the sonic space. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience - including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.

Featuring Bluetooth and dual band Wi-Fi wireless connectivity, the AVR-S730H is equipped with an advanced dual diversity antenna RF transceiver system for robust and error-free streaming, even in congested environments. With AirPlay users can enjoy listening to favorite tracks wirelessly from an iOS device including the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad.

With the free "Denon 2016 AVR Remote" for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire, available from the Apple appstore, Google Play or the Amazon appstore, users can control the receiver's operation, and set-up menu, from a smartphone or tablet. The app also gives users quick access to the receiver's status display, option menus, Denon Blu-ray player control, and an online owner's manual for your convenience.

Denon AVR-S930H ($579)
The AVR-S930H 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD Network AV Receiver with HEOS
The AVR-S930H is the most advanced Denon S Series home entertainment solution with a complete set of next-generation audio and video features, many of which build upon those found in the S730H. With the built-in HEOS wireless technology, users can stream and control all local or online music effortlessly from anywhere in the home with the free HEOS App.

It creates a stunning home theater experience with the Dolby Atmos and DTS:X 3D surround sound decoders, and all the latest video technologies including Dolby Vision, HDR (High Dynamic Range) and 4K Scaling. With the second HDMI output, users can even enjoy AV sources in a another room.

Featuring high current discrete power output devices on all channels, the AVR-S930H delivers high power, rated at a maximum of 185 watts per channel. With 8 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, the AVR-S930H incorporates an advanced video section that features everything needed for the ultimate home theater experience: Full 4K Ultra HD, HDCP 2.2, HDR (High Dymanic Range), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling. It is even ready for Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma; via future firmware update), and owns an advanced video processor to upscale existing lower resolution video to true 4K. Thanks to the two HDMI outputs, users can even connect a TV and a projector in parallel.

And like the S730H, the S930H is equipped with the same wireless connectivity and it comes with the free “Denon 2016 AVR Remote”.

AVR-S530BT Key Features
• 5.2ch platform
• 140W maximum power output per channel
• 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020 pass-through (3 designated HDMI inputs)
• Full HDCP 2.2 support (on 3 HDMI inputs)
• Built-in Bluetooth
• Compatible with the HEOS Link
• Auto setup with room EQ
• Front panel USB input
• Denon Bluetooth Remote App (Denon 500 Series Remote, available for iOS/Android)
• ECO mode
• On-screen Setup Assistant
• On-screen GUI
• Larger Character Display
• 4 Quick Select buttons and RC buttons
• Sleep Timer, set up to 120 minutes in 10-minute increments
• Standby HDMI pass-through
• ARC and HDMI-CEC support
• Quick start guide and online manual
• Easy to use, simple remote

AVR-S730H- Additional Features
• 7.2ch platform
• 165W (maximum power output per channel)
• Dolby Atmos (5.1.2) and DTS:X capability
• 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020 and Dolby Vision Compatibility
• Full HDCP 2.2 support
• Built-in WiFi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth
• Built-in HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Audio Technology
• DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
• AirPlay®, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect®, Pandora®™, SiriusXM, Napster, Amazon Music, TIDAL, Deezer and more*
• Audyssey MultEQ setup with MIC stand included in the box / Dynamic EQ & Volume
• Extensive network capability
• Best-in-class user interface
• Upgraded sound design
• Denon 2016 AVR Remote app
• Android, Kindle Fire, and iOS remote apps available
• Simple Remote handset
• Smart TV connectivity

AVR-S930H – Additional Features
• 185W maximum power output per channel
• Advanced Video Processing with 4k upscaling
• HDMI : Front 1in , Rear 7in/2 dual out
• Digital audio inputs : 2 Opt /1 Coax
• Audio: 4in, Video: CVBS 2in/1out, Component, 2in/1out
• Upgraded Denon sound engineering design

Read more.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
At $600, the 930 looks like a steal. If it's unclear: each version has the same, with only added stuff on each listing below.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm waiting on their flagship or next to flagship model to replace my Onkyo 3010. I'll also take a look at Onkyo's new models and anybody else that releases new models in 2017.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
If you care about Room EQ, the new Onkyo version since they dropped Audyssey is not good. Audyssey XT32 is quite good IMO.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you care about Room EQ, the new Onkyo version since they dropped Audyssey is not good. Audyssey XT32 is quite good IMO.
Yeah I know which is why Denon is my first choice, but I need to see the specs. for all models before making my final choice.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I am probably going to upgrade my Preamp once Dolby Vision can be passed through. I am considering making a jump to Yamaha, and it would be my first Yammie product.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I am probably going to upgrade my Preamp once Dolby Vision can be passed through. I am considering making a jump to Yamaha, and it would be my first Yammie product.
When I started in this hobby back in 1980s, I was Yammie guy. Then I moved over to Denon for several years. My last three receivers have Onkyo. However, I'm now open minded at to which company gets my business for my next receiver in my main home theater.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I've always been D&M or Onkyo, loved my old Onkyo 805 tank. Now that I'm using a preamp instead of AVR, quality and room eq are important and a dealer I know with the latest Yammie flagship preamp is very happy. So they will be on the list, as well as a Marantz AV7704 or whatever it is. Im kinda ready to try something new, but I gotta wait and see who does what with DV pass thru mid year.

This came out Aug 2015, so Id assume there is one coming this summer.

http://usa.yamaha.com/news_events/audio_visual/yamaha_unveils_the_cx-a5100/

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Just yesterday, I placed an order for a Denon AVR-X3300W to replace my 8 year old Pioneeer Elite 94TXH. Denon dropped the price on their 2016 models through the end of the month, which was the final thing that pushed me to order now versus waiting. Denon will be coming out with a firmware upgrade for Dolby Vision support by early next year, so I should be covered there.

This will be my first Denon receiver. My last two were both Pioneer Elites, and before that I had a Sony ES.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Just yesterday, I placed an order for a Denon AVR-X3300W to replace my 8 year old Pioneeer Elite 94TXH. Denon dropped the price on their 2016 models through the end of the month, which was the final thing that pushed me to order now versus waiting. Denon will be coming out with a firmware upgrade for Dolby Vision support by early next year, so I should be covered there.

This will be my first Denon receiver. My last two were both Pioneer Elites, and before that I had a Sony ES.

I think you will like that model. Good eq and the 3000 and 4000 Denons are nice. It is true yours will get DV in 2018, my 2015 however will not. Kinda pissed, the AV7702II is NO different than the 7703, yet the 7703 gets DV... I mean the thing is a $2000+ preamp...

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

This is something I hadn't considered.. I have been looking at an HDR10 TV.. I see the plusses of Dolby Vision, but with few display options with it, it just isn't as high on my list right now.. I hadn't considered that a receiver would be a block in passing through HDR10.. hmm. This would be a major issue for me..

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Most new model AVR's are 2.0a HDR 10 capable. DV models in 2017 may be up in the air though. If I am replacing Id rather the new one cover both since my display has DV and HDR10.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Most new model AVR's are 2.0a HDR 10 capable. DV models in 2017 may be up in the air though. If I am replacing Id rather the new one cover both since my display has DV and HDR10.

That was my concern, as well. My display supports Dolby Vision, although my Sony UHD player currently does not, and it is unknown if Sony will provide a DV upgrade. Knowing the X3300 supports HDR10 now and would eventually get a Dolby Vision upgrade was good enough for me, since I will not need DV through the AVR for some time. The only source I currently have with DV is the Vudu app on the Vizio display itself, so that does not need to pass through the receiver.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Or you can just get decks with dual outputs and bypass the receiver for the video. Except there arent any decks that do DV, So use the internal apps and channel out sound to the receiver via ARC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks