What's new

dennon avr-1601vs.onkyo ds494 which one? (1 Viewer)

Robert br

Grip
Hi, I need another reciever for home theater between the two I listed, also I need to know where I can find the best price online.PLEASE GIVE INPUT!

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
J&R usually sells the Onkyos for cheap. And they're an authorized Onkyo dealer. To get the best deal, don't accept the first price they quote. Ask for a lower price. I got an extra $20 off my 595.
Not sure where to get good prices on Denon. Sorry.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Good Guys was just clearing out the Denon 1601 for $199 maybe two weeks ago. It was "while supplies last". So if you can find one, snap it up.
This site also has them for $222. http://www.6ave.com
Onkyo 494 has DPL II while the Denon 1601 does not. The Denon 1602 does and would be a better direct comparison to the Onkyo.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
The Onkyo 494 does not have speaker delay/distance settings, so you might want to steer clear of it. However, the 595 model is excellent. If you can't afford to move up to the 595, then the Denon 1602 is probably your best bet.

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
The Onkyo 494 does not have speaker delay/distance settings...
Very true. I have the 494 and it doesn't have delay or distance setings. In my very honest opinion, it really isn't a good reciever if you like to have most of the bells and whistles that most other recievers come with. However, if you are a beginner in the world of Home Theater (as I was at the time), it is definatly a really good reciever. Simple controls and a remote that does it's job. If you are already experianced with HT however, you might want to steer clear of this one.
I like mine alot, but when I upgrade, one similar to this will not be an option for me.........Wil
------------------
My DVD's
"The rose petal floats on water,
the kingfisher flashes above the pond.
Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

al'Lan Mandragoran,
*******The Wheel of Time

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks