What's new

Dennis Miller Cancelled (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Too bad -- although his opening monologues are usually lame, he always has interesting guests.

Tomorrow (5/13) will be his last show.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I'm a big fan of his stand up and didn't mind his first show (caught it when I could) but I have never seen a single episode of the new one, from what I've heard it's surprising it lasted this long...maybe if he kept the Tears for Fears intro song...:)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Loved his HBO show but couldn't stand him on MNF or his CNBC show. Go figure? I would like to see him go back to doing more comedy and less sports/politics. I love political shows and sports programming, I just felt he was trying to hard to be too funny and it seemed out of place. I guess if I was going to say something nice about that show is it was infinitely better than John McEnroe's show. :)

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I don't watch much of any of those [O-Reilly, H&C, Scarb. Country, etc.], but Dennis' was the only one I made an effort to switch over to during Network commercials.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Political humor can be very funny. But when it becomes too much of a polemic, most comedians can't pull it off--they want to make the political point more than making the joke.

For me, Miller had gone too far down the path of making a political point and has become less funny than he was (on HBO for example).

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
He tended to become an apologist for the current Administration and he grilled almost all of his guests on their political support thoughts; not to get their ideas but to try and convince them that the current course was the "correct" course of action.

There was a 2 or 3 week period that ALL of his guests disagreed with him and his obvious frustration took away all the comedy.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I too love his standup and liked his HBO show and I tried to watch this show but I just couldn't stay with it. It just didn't interest me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks