What's new

DEMON SEED ... Any news on when it will come to DVD? (1 Viewer)

ChrisA

Second Unit
My Parents took me to see this movie when I was 10 years old and it had left quite a memory! I haven't seen this movie in a long time, yet I'll always remeber the title because I saw such a graphic movie at a relatively young age. So.. any news on when this 'classic' will make to DVD?

Chris

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
An MGM title that now belongs to Warner Bros. Don't hold your breath.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I originally saw this on a late-night double bill on BBC2 with Westworld and both films terrified the life out of me!
I would pick this up instantly if it ever surfaced. Do us proud, Warner Bros! Get Julie Christie to record a commentary!

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
Well since Donald Cammell comitted suicide back in 1996 there might be a chance of a box set. There's a small amount of interest in his works back in the Hollywood area. A few months ago the Egytian Theater ran a two day show of his films. I cought Demon Seed along with Performance on the big screen. Personally it's the only way to watch Julie Christie. If MGM still owned this title then I'd say there would be a chance of it surfacing, but now there's little hope.

Garry Cowell

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Jon,

That was around 1996 - I think.

Wasn't there an introduction aswell?!

I was just glad to see it them in WS!

ChrisA

Second Unit
Why is there little hope? Warner Brothers doesn't release classics? It has to come to DVD one way or another.

Chris

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Count me in. This movie blew me away at age 12, when I saw it on Cable in 77-78.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
That's a relief. With MGM we should see this in the not too distant future. If it were at Warner, I might not live long enough to get it on DVD. Given the size of the catalog they control and their current speed of releasing maybe 20 catalog titles per year, they would get to Demon Seed in say 2215.
[rant]Time for a purge at Warner Home Video, I'm afraid. Between their idiotic catalog title policy and their harebrained schemes for releasing Pan & Scan only, Warner is one of the absolute worst studios. When they do release a classic, it tends to be really good, but that happens only on rare occasions. :angry: [/rant]
Oooo I got to use the Rant Font! :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Oooooooo...I'd forgotten about The Forbin Project for a while there. Killer movie! I'd love to have it on DVD!

As for Demon Seed, that's one I've always wanted to see but have never caught. Same with the missus; Dean Koontz is her absolute favorite author!!!

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Garry - certainly was, mate. I've got them both on tape.

It was on Mark Cousins' Moviedrome, which was, for a time, outstanding.

Jonathan.e

Stunt Coordinator
It was on Mark Cousins' Moviedrome, which was, for a time, outstanding.
Apart from the bits with Mark "twist a vowel until it bleeds" Cousins ;)
AMC/TCM use to show Demon Seed a lot in the full ratio and mighty nice it looked too. My SVHS copy was from one of those braodcasts where they thoughtfully had their logo well outside the picture area.
There was an exceptionally nice laserdisc of Forbin available twinned with Silent Running (which marketing genius thought to stick those two together?) so hopefully it wouldn’t take too much to transfer this to DVD. Also, am I going mad or does anyone remember a recent programme discussing Forbin and interviewing Eric Braeden. I’m convinced I saw it but can’t remember where or when.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks