demo projectors?? where??

Discussion in 'Displays' started by raymond caputo, Mar 18, 2005.

1. raymond caputo

raymond caputo Stunt Coordinator

i can't even find a local store that sells projectors never mind demo one....where do you guys find them except via the internet..circuit city has a few listed on their website,but the store does not carry them...another question: has anyone installed one in a motorized ceiling enclosure?? wife is having a fit...she doesn't want "that ugly thing showing!"...no i can't get rid of her she works full time(just kidding)

2. Jack Ferry

Jack Ferry Stunt Coordinator

Jack Ferry
    Most Circuit City, Best Buy, Staples, and Office Max stores have them tucked away in some corner of the store, but you can usually forget about demoing them there. Plus they often only carry business models.

I don't know what's in your area, but you may want to try some higher end audio video stores.

In my case, I tried the InFocus 10 day X1 demo, then bought the 4805 online. They apparently still have the demo program, and it's a great way to find out how a projector will work out for you. www.Infocus.com/evalexpress

Edit: I just saw they no longer send out the X1, but will send the X2. The X2 is not the way to go for home theater, but I'm sure it would give you a good idea as to the potential in your home.