Delta Force Black Hawk Down singleplayer demo

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Zos, Jan 10, 2003.

1. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

Whatever you think of the actual battle, this game is awesome! I love the movie and I love the game, very intense FPS, the kind of game I keep my PC tuned up for. Not sure what this would look like on a console (maybe the Xbox could handle it.)
    Check it out!

2. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Another demo for this? I played the first demo months ago and it was horrible. Very choppy, not very detailed, and the control was awful. I'll have to try the new one.

3. BenS

BenS Stunt Coordinator

I couldn't agree more the game play is awesome. But I do have one question how are the maps named ie. bridge crossing.

4. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

?!?!

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    where can i download it?! Im no good at online multiplayers, im a Computer-game-loner [​IMG]

6. James Zos

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whatever you think of the actual battle...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?!?!

Eric, I meant that the actual firefight is quite controversial, with some feeling the U.S. military failed, others arguing the mission was a success. There were also many, many civillian casualites.

7. James Zos

"where can i download it?! Im no good at online multiplayers, im a Computer-game-loner.
    NickSo, this is where I got it. You might want to hurry as this is reportedly an "unofficial" demo, and thus might get yanked. The official demo, which might have some improvements, is said to be up for release later.
    http://www.3dgamers.com/

8. Scott L

Scott L Producer

It's pretty fun but very hard, and the 3 quicksave limit didn't help. I'd keep playing it but only 3 saves is just dumb...

9. James Zos

"It's pretty fun but very hard, and the 3 quicksave limit didn't help."

I see what you mean, but the fact that you can't always just quick save kind of adds to the tension...I had to play through it several times before I beat it. Now that I have I actually wish it was harder so I could play through it with more of a challenge. Enemy AI can be pretty poor, especially at close range. But if you don't get the guys with the RPGs, they'll take you out quick.

10. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Just downloaded it, played it and removed it. Too choppy. There are other games that have better detail and isn't as choppy (medal of honor). I don't like the feel of the weapons, it just doesn't sound or feel right. The AI is stupid. Shoot at a guy when he's right in front of you and he stops shooting at you even though you didn't hit him. The team AI is bad too, people jumping in front of other people when firing. With close quarters like that you'd think that the friendly AI would be smarter. All the dumb rock/movie like music playing during it. Yeah I know you can turn it off, but it shouldn't be there in the first place.

I thought the fly in was dumb too. I could see taking out the rpgs at your landing site but you fly all over the compound taking them out even though the ones on the far side don't need to be because they aren't a threat yet. Since they are just ignoring how the real story went it would have been better to insert you on the outskirts of the city and have you work your way into the compound.

The 3 saves are stupid. Why games continue to do that I'll never know.

Almost. If it were smoother and the AI was better and the weapons felt better then maybe. Overall I wouldn't spend $50-60 on it, if it were $20 maybe, but judging from the demo I don't think its worth $50.