Delta 410 Soundcard -- Cable options?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Woodrow, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Ken Woodrow

Ken Woodrow Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking to replace the supplied breakout cable (25 pin d-sub to 8 analog female RCA jacks) with a cable that has MALE RCA jacks, so I can route it directly to my pre-amp without having to use an extra interconnect. I've found examples of TASCAM and FOSTEX ADAT cables that have 8 stereo male RCA jacks to 25-pin connections, but I can't tell whether they would work for this purpose. (I think they're typically used for multi-track digital recording, which is what the Delta 410 is designed for anyways).
    The pin-out design for TASCAM DB-25 connector can be foundhere.
    I checked M-Audio's website and I can't find a spec on the cable other than the fact that it's a 25 pin d-sub.
    Any bright ideas? As much as I'd like to support the interconnect business, a single breakout cable with male RCAs would be much cleaner.
    Thanks.

2. Ken Woodrow

Ken Woodrow Stunt Coordinator

Buzz -- thanks for reply (you're the only one who has in two forums). I know absolutely NOTHING about digital recording or composition, but it seems I'm having to learn about it in order to successfully adapt the M-Audio cards to home theater use. I do know something about music (used to play trumpet -- but have forgotten the bass clef), so learning about digital recording is certainly interesting.

You're probably right about the difficulty of matching up the pinouts of a TASCAM cable and the M-Audio breakout -- just easier to use a M-to-M interconnect as I've been doing. But I thought that perhaps the digital "snakes" might be better shielded and higher quality than the breakout cable and therefore more resistant to RF interference and noise from within my cabinet. Who knows if I could hear the difference anyway?

If I get inspired to discover the pinout of the breakout, I'll be sure to post the info here and on my website for others who may be interested.

BTW, I'll try to check out some of your tunes on your website when I get home tonight. I'm always looking for music to use in teaching my Spinning classes (aerobics on bikes for the uninitiated).

- Ken