What's new

Dellamorte Dellamore - A few questions (1 Viewer)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
First off, I absolutely love this movie and I'm eager to get this on DVD. I understand that there are a couple different versions of this movie, but IMDB does not have any information in regards to this.
  • There is a Japanese version that has more footage than the version that was released in the United States. What are the different scenes?
  • What region(s) is this DVD available in and which vesion is it?
------------------
ep2.jpg

Steve Sorrell

Auditioning
There is a Spanish R2 DVD edition under the title "Cemetery Man" as well as the German Red Edition of "Dellamorte Dellamore" reviewed on horrdvds.com. The Spanish is fullscreen with DD stereo with English audio.
I haven't seen either edition but I've heard the German Red Edition is superior.
You can pick up the Spanish on dvdgo.com (the site is in English & Spanish) and the German on sexgoremutants.f9.co.uk (a Scottish fansite with an on-line shop for horror euro disks that delivers world-wide).

Bryant Frazer

Stunt Coordinator
The Spanish edition (which is actually titled Mi novie es un zombie, although I see that DVDGo now sells it as Cemetery Man) is letterboxed at about 1.8:1. The picture is superior to that of the Japanese laserdisc, but I haven't seen the German version.
The film itself seems to be the same edit as the Japanese laser (which is the same edit as the U.S. theatrical release).
-bf-
------------------
Bryant Frazer
Deep Focus
www.deep-focus.com

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I have Cemetary Man on VHS and I really have no desire to watch VHS as I'm sure you can understand why. I'm probably going to purchase the DVD since I have a region-free player.
A friend of a friend had the Japanese LD and the running time on the LD was approximately seven minutes longer than my VHS version. I just wish I could my hands on the LD to see what the difference is.
Thanks for the information, everyone!
[Edited last by Tom_G on September 09, 2001 at 10:23 AM]

There is no additional footage in the Japanese laserdisk; it runs longer than the U.S. tape because the U.S. tape is time-compressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks