What's new

Dell Inspiron 8200 (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
New Dell laptop, http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/produc...inspn_8200.htm
Processor: NEW Mobile Intel®*Pentium®* 4-M Processors at 1.6GHz and 1.7GHz, plus the new Intel 845MP chipset, which allows the Processor Support Bus to run at 400MHz.
Memory: : NEW Double Data Rate (DDR) system memory doubles clock speeds to 266MHz. Up to 1GB system memory is supported, which is ideal for intensive tasks such as gaming and video editing.
Display: Super XGA+, Ultra XGA and NEW Enhanced Ultra XGA 15" displays provide incredible screen clarity with high contrast & wide viewing angles.
Video Graphics: Cutting-edge NVIDIA®* GeForce4 440 GoTM* with 64MB of DDR video memory or NVIDIA GeForce 2 Go with 32MB of DDR video memory.
All sounds really cool right? But the weight of the thing is almost 8 lbs! 7.9lbs with cdrom and floppy in it. Yikes! I can't figure out why its almost a pound more than the 8100. Is it all in a heatsink for the P4? Why can't we get a 4lbs P4-M laptop for starting at $1549!

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
My guess is the P4 and new mainboard need more cooling and power than the 8100s did. Could it possibly be a bigger battery?

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
It's probably a combination of a larger battery (higher

power consumption) and a huge heat sink. My CoolerMaster

Heat Sink on my P4 feels like it weighs a pound all by it's

lonesome! Even though we're talking about non overclocked

machines they do run hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks