What's new

Dell Dimension 8100 1.3ghz P4 any thoughts, woes, concersn, praise, etc. (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Some how, its still beyond me, but I wound up with one of these units for free!! (read:relative, long story) Anyone else use, have one, or can comment on??
One other thought on this machine; the 3Com integrated NIC card and compatibility issues with most major DSL companies?
Yes, No, Maybe??
And finally DELL SERVICE, and their techs??
PLMK
popcorn.gif

------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

[Edited last by Todd Barattini on August 15, 2001 at 10:03 PM]

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
3Com NIC cards are great. I wouldn't bother with anyone elses unless its because a generic one is ludicrously cheap, so that shouldn't be a problem.
I've never had a cause to call Dell techs though, so I can't help you there...

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Todd,
Dell Dimensions are nice PCs. You should not have a problem with the integrated NIC. If for some reason you do, just go buy a new one and install it in one of the PCI slots.
-Dean-
------------------
Link Removed
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
Dell just goes with good service. It's part of what they pride themselves on, and they really do have excellent service. I have a 97 Dell Dimension XPS D266 and have had virtually no problems with it. The only thing that went wrong with it that was their fault was the cd rom died. The motherboard also had to be replaced but that was my brothers fault. As for the computer itself it is still used today as a print server and is still extremely reliable and the case is built like a tank.
One think I don't like about Dells is that they are hard to overclock if not virtually impossible.
Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks