Dell/Creative MP3 - how to play in car??

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by STLMIKE, Jan 2, 2004.

1. STLMIKE

STLMIKE Stunt Coordinator

How are the FM transmitters? My car doesn't have a tape deck, and I rent a lot of cars, so I really don't want to hard wire into the stereo...

Any experience w/these? Have they improved over the past several years?

2. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

I've read the messages over at iPodLounge regarding FM transmitters and the consensus is that if you are in a bind (no cassette deck or hard wiring is out of the question), then there is no other option. The sound is generally mono and, obviously, FM quality not high fidelity. Also, in some cities with a crowded FM band, like New York City, FM trasmitters are useless.

3. Jason_M

Jason_M Stunt Coordinator

Now if you are renting a lot of cars and constantly moving from one to another you will not want to wire in FM modulators either. You will have to pull out the radio to plug in the antenna. If you are talking about wireless fm mod. like the Irok piece we sell at Circuit City, I would say forget about it. We have 2 models, one that runs on batteries, and one that powers by cig. lighter and then plugs into headphone jack and transmits wirelessly to radio. They have very weak signals and very poor sound quality. If at all possible use a wired fm mod.