What's new

Dell 2001fp monitor problem? (1 Viewer)

ToddJ

Second Unit
I just bought the 2001fp Flat Panel 20" Dell Monitor, but I have noticed that when something dark is on screen, it looks like there is light reflecting off the screen. However, I have tested it in the dark, and there is still this light "reflection" (for lack of a better word.) Is this normal? is it because of the limitations of LCD technology? I have never noticed this on other LCDs (like my roommate's Samsung.)

John S

Senior HTF Member
We recently evaluated several LCD displays around these sizes. The Dell was ranked very low in general. We went with Samsungs. I do seem to recall the eval Dell having soem sort of leaking brightness issue, so I think it may be inheirent in that particular model.

ToddJ

Second Unit
I'm not sure if it is a brightness issue or a normal thing with LCDs in general. I 'm suprised though that it rated low. It seems in all the reviews I have read, it has gotten very high ratings....

John S

Senior HTF Member
I read those reviews as well.... That is why we got one in for eval. Here at work were doing a QTY100+ order....

I was very surprised it wasn't one of the best also.

This eval happend in Dec. of last year. My memory of the specifics seem to be failing me. But your description seemed to spark my memory of a similar issue with it.

We went with Samsung 213T's, which just as you noted, certainly did not seem to have that particular issue. I don't think it is inheirent to all LCD monitors.

ToddJ

Second Unit
Do you remember what angle you were looking at the monitor when this occurred? was it from the side or was it straight on?

John S

Senior HTF Member
We did two monitors on each desk where the two monitors are angled towards the users. The evals were done in this same config, so slightly off axis. 100% on axis is where the cases of the two monitors nearly touch in the middle the way we have them all setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks