Deleted Files and still have LOW Disk Space!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cameron Seaman, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

I got a low disk space warning for my C Drive running Windows XP Pro today. It has a capacity of 45GB and when looking at the drive's properties, there was about 125 MB free.

The first thing i did was cut and paste about 2.5 GB worth of files to my second hard drive. After that was done,I checked the properties of the C Drive to find out that there was still only about 125 MB free.

I checked my Norton Recycle Bin and found that the 2.5GB files showed up there in case I wanted to restore them. So, I emptied the recyle bin. Still no affect on the C Drive's properties.

Next I just Shift Deleted a single 1.5 GB file and a few smaller ones and that still had no affect on how much free space the computer said was on the C Drive.

It seems to be running fine, but I dont know what would happen if I now tried to add anything to the C Drive. Also, Disk Cleanup seems to freeze everytime I try to run it.

I am dumbfounded! Am I forgetting to do something here? Thanks for any help [​IMG]

2. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

Problem solved. [​IMG]

While i thought i had emptied the Norton Protected Files, I had not. It fooled me when i opened Unerase Wizard; I thought it was empty when it was actually searching for the 300 some odd files it was protecting.

Yay, just one of my many brain farts for the day. :wink: