What's new

Deleted Files and still have LOW Disk Space! (1 Viewer)

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I got a low disk space warning for my C Drive running Windows XP Pro today. It has a capacity of 45GB and when looking at the drive's properties, there was about 125 MB free.

The first thing i did was cut and paste about 2.5 GB worth of files to my second hard drive. After that was done,I checked the properties of the C Drive to find out that there was still only about 125 MB free.

I checked my Norton Recycle Bin and found that the 2.5GB files showed up there in case I wanted to restore them. So, I emptied the recyle bin. Still no affect on the C Drive's properties.

Next I just Shift Deleted a single 1.5 GB file and a few smaller ones and that still had no affect on how much free space the computer said was on the C Drive.

It seems to be running fine, but I dont know what would happen if I now tried to add anything to the C Drive. Also, Disk Cleanup seems to freeze everytime I try to run it.

I am dumbfounded! Am I forgetting to do something here? Thanks for any help :)

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Problem solved. :)

While i thought i had emptied the Norton Protected Files, I had not. It fooled me when i opened Unerase Wizard; I thought it was empty when it was actually searching for the 300 some odd files it was protecting.

Yay, just one of my many brain farts for the day. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks