1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Delay in sound while changing channel

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by WADDAH MAHMOUD, Jul 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Message #1 of 3 Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    WADDAH MAHMOUD

WADDAH MAHMOUD Auditioning

Waddah
    Hi all,

I have an LG TV and also an LG home theater with a set top box connected all together. From the TV there is an HDMI cable connected to the set top box and then there is another HDMI cable connected to the home theater. My issue is when changing channels on the set top box, the sound comes out after 3 seconds of changing the channel. I tried a toss link optical cable from the set top box to the home theater ( while still use HDMI from tv to set top box) however the delay still happens. I am not sure what I am missing. Have you seen this kind of behavior? BTW there is no sync issue between the audio and video at all.

2. John Dirk

John Dirk Cinematographer
    Supporter

JOHN
    Sounds like an HDCP "handshaking" issue between the TV and the STB. My first step would be to verify HDCP support for each connected device.

Here's a very basic primer on HDCP

https://support.channelmaster.com/hc/en-us/articles/200377955-Why-does-my-HDMI-connection-not-seem-to-work-all-the-time-or-why-is-it-intermittent-

3. WADDAH MAHMOUD

WADDAH MAHMOUD Auditioning

Waddah
    Thank you for your reply.
    I have given it another shot and bought another optical cable for audio and this one seems to fix the issue. No delay whatsoever. It seems the other one was a cheap quality hence the delay.

John Dirk likes this.