What's new

deguassing coil? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
Does anyone have a deguessing coil? Could you explain to me how to use them. I got one for the purity on my crt and the directions that came with it are not very useful.

it says to have screen off when using it and start 7 feet away and move it in a circular position and slowly move up to screen and go around the perimeter and then backwards again.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I think you are supposed to place your credit cards and favorite VHS tapes (old family movies perhaps) in a pile on the floor and then run the coil over the pile several time while chanting "Abracadabra!"

No, really, you need to be careful with that thing. If you are asking for directions, I would hope that you haven't used it yet. I have heard that they cause more trouble then they are worth. What exact problem are you trying to fix and what model TV do you have?

Edit:
Please don't follow the advice in the first paragraph!

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
intermiddent purity problems, i had a new tube put in and they are better but still have sligh problems sometimes.

jvc 36" HDTV av36-p903

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Are you sure that your speakers are not causing a problem? Does the problem resolve if you turn the TV off and back on? The set should degauss itself when it powers on.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
my speakers are 4 feet on the sides of the tv.
if i turn it off and on it doesnt change, sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad.

i am clueless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks